Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Traditions

I love traditions and rituals and Christmas is a time full of both.  My parents and grandparents have a number of Christmas traditions that I hope to continue with my growing family.  One of my favorite traditions is making ornaments every year to go on the tree.  For years we made dough ornaments, then we switched over to Sculpee ornaments.  Last year was Kellan's first Christmas, so two Kellan ornaments were made; one by Rachel and one by Dad:



Matt was upset that no one had done an ornament of him yet.  I told him I would make him one and, of course, he requested a nude.  This is what I came up with.


My husband's family has some great traditions as well (one of my favorites being mother-in-law Karen's Christmas brunch recipes!) that we will be adopting.

I am always on the lookout for fun, new traditions that Matt and I can start for our family.  While perusing blogs today, I saw this wonderful tradition that I would love to start when Kellan is old enough - hopefully next year!  Starting on December 1st, your children open a wrapped Christmas book to read each day up until Christmas.  Love it!


(via Black*Eiffel)

No comments:

Post a Comment